Students compete in Science Olympiad at Westminster | News
Students from across the valley invaded Westminster for the regional Science Olympiad Competition.
Teams from twenty-five local high schools and junior high schools showed off their building skills and scientific knowledge in thirteen events.
"It's strange, huh? You think of sports teams and people going to events like track meets and competing in that," said Jaimi Butler, Regional Science Olympiad Coordinator. "These are teams for Science Olympiad."
The new Meldrum Science Center opened at Westminster earlier this year and the school decided to give younger scientists an opportunity to check out the school.
The event is a precursor to the state competition coming up in late March. For more information on the tournament, check out www.westminstercollege.edu/science_olympiad.
Upcoming Events near SLC - Liberty Park / Sugar House / Highland Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man who allegedly stole from several cars
- Salt Lake City airport brings in furry friends to help soothe flying fears
- Shannan Yates leads the top Freeriders in the world this week at Snowbird
- 2 families displaced after 2-alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- Armed man robs Salt Lake City bank, police release suspect’s photo